The Collective V.4 will make its debut at Days of the Dead Indianapolis, IN starting July 6th 2012. The Collective will have a vendor table set up at the show and some of the filmmakers involved will be in attendance to meet fans and discuss their films. The World Premiere screening will be July 7th at 9:30 pm. There will be a Q&A with the filmmakers involved following the screening.
The Collective is back, and it’s better than ever. The one of a kind short film collection featuring 10 – 10 minute short films all based on the same theme has risen to a whole new level. The lineup of filmmakers this time around is a who’s who of up and coming horror directors in the indie scene. The theme featured in The Collective V.4 is Emotions. Each filmmaker was given a different emotion to base their 10 minute short film around. 10 short films, each delving into a different piece of the human psyche. Ranging from intimate to insane, the films featured on The Collective V.4 provide something Hollywood hasn’t had in a long time, heart. The filmmakers featured on The Collective V.4 stand as proof that it doesn’t take a huge budget to make a great film, it only requires a huge imagination. Welcome to The Collective V.4…
Beginning July 9th 2012 The Collective V.4 will be available through the websites of the filmmakers involved as well as many online retailers. Contact Jason Hoover at [email protected] for a full list of online retailers.
1. Dakota Meyer and Red Panic Button Films presents… Luke 1:17 A Story of Hate. Emotion: Hate - “A troubled young man filled with hate, Luke (Ben Peck), finds himself trapped in a reckless life that is spiraling out of control. His younger brother, Frank (David Ponton), accompanies him in his search for destruction and salvation.”
2. David Paul Bonnell and Over Analyzed Productions presents… Happy Hooker Bang Bang. Emotion: Envy - “It takes place in crime filled town where a girl named Sara loses her job at a book store and is forced to begin working with her roommate (a hooker) to make money. But when she gets caught up with the wrong clients it is up to her hooker friends to take back the street and make it safe for hookers everywhere.”
3. James Mannan and Liberty of Death Productions presents… Death Do Us Part. Emotion: Lust.
4. Jason Hoover and Jabb Pictures presents… Frankie. Emotion: Grief.
5. Jim Doughtery and 3 O’Clock Productions presents… Contrition. Emotion: Regret - “When Ruby Thompson conducts an experiment that results in the DNA alteration of her subject, an unexpected threat is posed and the lives of those closest to her are changed forever.”
6. Jason Hoover and Spiral Filmworks presents… 101 Taylor Street. Emotion: Denial.
7. Bryan Wolford and Freakwolf Productions presents… Myctophobia. Emotion: Fear.
8. Jakob Bilinksi and Cinemaphreak Pictures presents… Bloody Hooker Bang Bang: A Love Story. Emotion: Rage - “Two blood-soaked ladies of the night must navigate their way to safety while being pursued by a murderous family of psychopathic inbreds with a score to settle. With the help of a slick bionic pimp named Silky, they will prove that love can overcome shame, and there are few things fiercer than a whore scorned.”
9. David Ross and Winged Dolphin Pictures presents… Flash of Wire. Emotion: Schadenfreude - “David Ross investigates the curious German emotional term Schadenfreude: Obtaining joy from the suffering of others. The film asks the question: When it comes to revenge– is once ever enough?”
10. Dustin Mills and Dustin Mills Productions presents… Epidemic. Emotion: Trust - “We trust the people who prepare our food, we trust the people who deliver our news, and we trust the people who are paid to protect us. What happens when that trust is violated? Brandon Salkil is about to find out. Who can he turn to when he’s infected by a deadly virus spreading across the midwest. They say they have a cure, but can they be trusted?”