Here’s the ballot for the 2016 Horror Society Awards. Let’s have some fun, people!
While the categories have gone through reconstruction, the guidelines have remained the same.
- Any film or product must have screened or been released between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. I will be checking this. I will be checking as the ballots start coming in. If you or your product appears ineligible I will let you know via email as soon as possible to help you better submit future ballots.
- Any film must have received a limited release of some sort. A film must have screened more than twice (whether in festivals, theaters, or self screenings) or be available for purchase/streaming online. I’m not going to let a film that premiered in one local theater win Best Feature when only twenty people have ever seen it. I know that seems harsh, but I want these awards to have some sort of integrity for winners.
- Ballots are to be submitted once a day. Any ballots over the one per day limit will be deleted. This is to ensure a fair competition with equal grounds for voting as well as being easier for me to count and tally.
- Finally, I withhold the right to disqualify anyone or any nominee that I think is cheating, spamming, or slandering the competition in any way.
Here’s a breakdown of this year’s categories:
1. Best Horror Film – Any film of horror origins that received a wide release in theaters with a budget of $1,000,000 or greater.
2. Best Indie Horror Film – Any film of horror origins that received any release with a budget of $1,000,000 or less.
3. Best Scifi Film – Any film of any length with any budget or distribution that deals with science-fiction elements.
4. Best Short Film – Any film of any budget or distribution that’s under 45 minutes long.
5. Best Television Show – Any horror, science-fiction, or thrilling series produced specifically for national broadcast.
6. Best Director – Who do you think crafted the best horror film this year?
7. Best Actor – Who gave the most memorable performance?
8. Best Actress – Who gave the most memorable performance?
9. Favorite Villain – Must be from a 2015 title!
10. Most Anticipated Title of 2016 – The film you are most excited for in 2016 that is horror or science-fiction related.
YOU will choose the nominees.
Jan. 13th to Jan. 31st
You can nominate someone in 1 or ALL of the categories above, just follow the nomination guidelines.
All submissions must be sent in by 12:00AM EST Time.
To send in your nominee ballots, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Then YOU will select the winners. Choose wisely!
Feb. 3rd to Feb 21st
The winners will be announced a few days after.