We’re officially two weeks away from the SyFy Network premiere of Sharknado 2: The Second One. The world is literally holding its breath with anticipation for July 30th to finally get here. Sharknado 2, the sequel to the 2013 massive CGI hit, will feature returning cast members Tara Reid and Ian Ziering as they battle crazy tornados that throw great white sharks at New York City citizens. Director Anthony C. Ferrante – responsible for films such as Boo, Scream of the Banshee, and Haunted High – has gone out of his way to bring us new cast members including Vivica A. Fox, Mark McGrath, Tiffany Shepis, and D.C. Douglas; as well as a whole lot of fun celebrity cameos. I’m sure that Sharknado 2: The Second One won’t always be mentally and visually stimulating…so, here’s 14 celebrity cameos to look for!
1. Kurt Angel – Not only is Kurt Angel a decorated professional wrestler, but he is historic for being the only wrestler to also be a gold metal Olympic winner. Outside of the Olympics, though, Angel is a 5x TNA World Heavyweight Champion, 2x TNA World Tag Team Champion, 4x WWE Champion, 1x WWF Intercontinental Champion, and 1x WCW United States Champion.
2. Benjy Bronk – Most known for an on-air segment host for four years on “Howard Stern on Demand.”
3. Downtown Julie Brown – Brown is an actress turned MTV VJ turned reality star. She has acted in “Crackerjack” and “Sabrina: The Animated Series;” hosted MTV’s “Club MTV,” and appeared in the British reality show, “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!”
4. Billy Ray Cyrus – Right now he’s most known for being train-wreck slut Miley Cyrus’ father, but before that burden he was a country singer with four Grammy nominations to his name. Country listeners will instant recognize Billy Ray as the man behind the platinum selling single “Achy Breaky Heart” in 1992. He was also the host of the short lived reality show, “Nashville Star.”
5. Sandra ‘Pepa’ Denton – Denton is most known for being 1/3 of the Grammy award winning rap group Salt-n-Pepa. Together the group sold over seven million records worldwide and had massive hit songs including “Push It,” “Let’s Talk About Sex,” “Shoop,” and “Whatta Man.”
6. Andy Dick – Unfortunately, Dick is most known at the current time for being another victim of Hollywood. Before his downfall, he was a raunchy comedic actor with roles in Double Dragon, Bongwater, Road Trip, and Zoolander before headed to reality television with “The Assistant,” “Sober House,” and “Dancing With the Stars.”
7. Perez Hilton – The only man to reach celebrity status from being a gossip blogger! The new father and frequent radio and talk show guest runs the popular rag blog PerezHilton.com. When he’s not feuding with Lady Gaga, Hilton finds himself on shows like “Wendy Williams” and “The Talk.”
8. Judd Hirsh – This 1x Golden Globe winner and 2x Emmy Award winner has been acting for decades. His most notably appearences include five seasons on “Taxi,” Independence Day, A Beautiful Mind, and five seasons of “Numb3rs.” He’s definitely the most legitimate actor on the list!
9. Robert Klein – Robert is probably in a record book somewhere for being the first comic to have their own HBO standup special. He’s released four comedy albums throughout the last four decades and is a Tony Award nominee for his art in “They’re Playing Our Song.”
10. Matt Lauer – With 5 Emmy Awards to his name, Matt has sustained a lengthy career as a television host with gigs on “60 Minutes” and “The Today Show.” When he’s not shooting documentaries and informing us on world news, he can be seen in popular television shows like “30 Rock.”
11. Biz Markie – Playfully dubbed ‘The Clown King of Hip Hop,’ Biz is a rapper most known for his platinum selling 1989 single “Just Friends.” He’s continued to record rhymes since then – releasing several albums along the way – and he’s also popped up on random television and reality shows including “In Living Color,” “Crank Yankers,” and “Celebrity Fit Club.”
12. Kelly Osbourne – Certainly the most multi-talented celebrity on the list, Kelly was first introduced to the world as iconic rocker Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter on the hit MTV series, “The Osbournes.” She made the jump to the acting world with a recurring role on the short lived teen drama “Life as We Know It,” before dancing her way back to the mainstream media with “Dancing With the Stars.” Kelly is also a budding fashion designer and co-stars on “Fashion Police” with Joan Rivers. Also, her 2002 debut album, “Shut Up,” reached #101 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.
13. Al Roker – The last king of television hosting on the list, Roker is a 7x Emmy Award winner. Previously he hosted “Going Places” and the game-show “Celebrity Family Feud.” Currently, you can catch him living it up on “Today.”
14. Gerald Webb – Mr. Web is certainly no stranger to creature features, thrillers, and bad CGI movies. His previous credits include Silent Venom (2009), Reptisaurus (2009), Titanic II (2010), Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus (2010), Camel Spiders (2011), Battle of Los Angels (2011), Super Shark (2011), 2-Headed Shark Attack (2012), Lizardman (2012), Asteroid vs. Earth (2014), and Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lampreys (2014).