After taking a year off to reevaluate what we wanted to do with the annual Horror Society Awards, we’ve decided to come back in 2018 with a couple of changes. Our website was founded on the basis of highlighting and supporting independent horror cinema, and we’d like to take it back to that mission statement for this awards ceremony. For this purpose, we request that all submissions relate to projects that were produced on a budget of $500,000 or less. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty and celebrate the best works of horror that 2017 had to offer! All genres, all styles, all mediums are welcome to participate!
While the categories have gone through reconstruction, the guidelines have remained the same.
- All potential nominees are limited to one submission only. Please select one representative from your project to contact us with a completed ballot. Duplicate ballots will be discarded.
- All potential title nominees must have screened or seen any form of release between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. All potential nominees in the cast and crew categories must have worked on a project between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. I’ll be checking.
- We hold the right to disqualify any submission that fails to follow these two rules.
Here’s a breakdown of this year’s categories:
- Best Horror Film (feature length)
- Best Horror Film (short)
- Best Scifi Film (feature length) *must be scifi-horror
- Best Scifi Film (short) *must be scifi-horror
- Best Webseries
- Best Director
- Best Writer
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Villain
- Best Death Sequence
- Lifetime Achievement Award *cast or crew member that’s dedicated 15+ years to the independent genre
The submission period will last between January 2, 2018 and January 16, 2018.
Send ballots to email@example.com with HORROR SOCIETY AWARD BALLOT in the title.
As a team, we will select the top 10 in each category – to be announced on January 23, 2018.
Voting for the winners will also begin on January 23, 2018 and will last until February 6, 2018.
Winners will be announced on February 12, 2018.
**Schedule is subject to change.