Scream Factory is really firing on all cylinders with their releases as of late, and we have new details today on one of their upcoming Blu-ray releases of George A. Romero’s Day of the Dead special edition. The full list of specs for the disc have been unveiled and it looks mighty promising, check out all the details down below.
Look for the Blu-ray to be released on September 17th, 2013, just in time for the Halloween season.
In this third film in the continuing saga of the undead from writer/director George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Survival of the Dead), a small group of scientists and soldiers have taken refuge in an underground missile silo where they struggle to control the flesh-eating horror that walks the earth above. But will the final battle for the future of the human race be fought among the living, or have they forever unleashed the hunger of the dead? Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato and Richard Liberty star in this controversial classic with groundbreaking gore effects by Tom Savini.
- New Documentary – World’s End: The Legacy of Day of the Dead
- New Featurette – Underground: A Look into the Day of the Dead Mines
- Audio Commentary with writer/director George A. Romero, Special Make-up Effects artist Tom Savini, Production Designer Cletus Anderson and actress Lori Cardille
- Audio Commentary with filmmaker Roger Avary
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage from Special Make-up Effects Creator Tom Savini’s archives
- Photo Galleries
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots