After a lengthy wait, Epic Pictures stunning anthology horror film, TALES OF HALLOWEEN, is finally making it’s home video debut with a Blu-ray/DVD 4-disc collector’s set! The special edition will be available on September 13th, 2016. Read on for all the specs for the set along with a detailed listing of special features down below.
Read our review of Tales Of Halloween here!
From The Press Release
Epic Pictures Group Announces Release Date for TALES OF HALLOWEEN Blu-Ray/DVD Collection
4-Disc Collector’s Set Available September 13th
Bonus Features Highlighted by Exclusive, Never-Before-Seen Short Film Directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent, Lost in Space)
“the best horror anthology since Trick ‘r Treat” – Fangoria
“among the Best Halloween-themed horror movies ever made” – Daily Dead
Los Angeles, CA – August 10, 2016 – Epic Pictures Group announced today that they will release a limited edition Blu-Ray and DVD collector’s set of Tales of Halloween on September 13, 2016. “Certified Fresh” by Rotten Tomatoes, the horror anthology film which brings together an all-star lineup of horror heavyweight directors and actors, premiered to strong critical acclaim at the 2015 Fantasia International Film Festival. Epic Pictures Releasing, the US distribution division of Epic Pictures Group, released the film in theaters and on digital platforms on October 16, 2015.
Named “the best horror anthology since Trick ‘r Treat” by Fangoria and “among the Best Halloween-themed horror movies ever made” by DailyDead, this critically acclaimed film weaves together ten chilling tales from horror’s top directors. Ghosts, ghouls, monsters, and the devil delight in terrorizing unsuspecting residents of a suburban neighborhood on Halloween night. The all-star directorial lineup includes Neil Marshall (Game of Thrones, The Descent, Lost in Space), Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw 2, 3, 4), Lucky McKee (The Woman, All Cheerleaders Must Dies), and Mike Mendez (Gravedancers, Big Ass Spider!). Cameos by horror heavyweights such as Barry Bostwick (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Lin Shaye (Insidious), John Savage (The Deer Hunter), Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), John Landis (Director of Animal House), Joe Dante (Director of Greml ins), Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, We Are Still Here), Booboo Stewart (Twilight), Keir Gilchrist (It Follows), Grace Phipps (Fright Night), Pat Healy (Cheap Thrills), Kristina Klebe (Rob Zombie’s Halloween), Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Star Wars), Alex Essoe (Starry Eyes), Pollyanna McIntosh (The Woman), and more.
In addition to the feature film on both Blu-ray and DVD, the limited-edition collector’s set will also contain a DVD chock-full of bonus features and a CD of the film’s soundtrack featuring original tracks by Lalo Schifrin, Jimmy Psycho, Christopher Drake and Christian Henson. Among the highlights of the bonus features are exclusive, never-before-seen short films from Tales of Halloween directors, including “Brain Death,” an early student film from director Neil Marshall (The Descent, Game of Thrones, Lost in Space) which was previously unreleased. Other highlights include video diaries for each segment of the anthology, featuring interviews with the directors, cast, and crew, and sneak peeks behind-the-scenes on set. Additional bonus materials include deleted scenes, director commentaries and photo galleries.
The content included in the collection is:
Disc 1 – Blu-Ray of the Feature (Region Free):
- Three Audio Options: English, French & Spanish 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital, 2.0 Dolby Stereo
- Three Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Disc 2 – DVD of the Feature (Region Free):
- Three Audio Options: English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and 2.0 Dolby Stereo
- Three Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Disc 3 – CD of the Soundtrack:
- Tales of Halloween Main Title – Lalo Schifrin
- Sweet Tooth – Christopher Drake
- The Night Billy Raised Hell – Bobby Johnston
- Trick – Joseph Bishara
- The Weak and the Wicked – Austin Wintory
- Grim Grinning Ghost – Christian Henson
- Ding Dong – Sean Spillane
- This Means War – Michael Sean Colin
- Friday the 31st – Joseph Bishara
- Limbchoppalooza! – Edwin Wendler
- The Ransom of Rusty Rex – Christopher Drake
- It’s Not a F*****g Kid! – Christopher Drake
- He Will Never Leave You – Christopher Drake
- Bad Seed – Christian Henson
- Tales of Halloween – Jimmy Pyscho
Disc 4 – DVD of Bonus Features (Region Free):
- Brain Death (21 minutes) – directed by Neil Marshall
- The Halloween Kid (7 minutes) – directed by Axelle Carolyn
- Boilly (:30 seconds) – directed by Lucky Mckee
- Thirsty (14 minutes) – directed by Andrew Kasch & John Skipp
- Hot Rod Worm (4 minutes) – directed by Andrew Kasch & John Skipp
- No Rest for the Wicked (15 minutes) – directed by Ryan Stiffen
- The Evil (5 minutes) – directed by Mike Mendez
- 2-3 Video Diaries for each segment of the anthology, featuring interviews with the directors, cast, and crew, and sneak peeks behind-the-scenes on set.
- Total Run Time: Approximately 60 minutes, Stereo/Mono Audio
Additional Bonus Materials:
- Deleted Scene / Grim Grinning Ghost – directed by Axelle Carolyn
- Behind-The-Scenes / Sweet Tooth – directed by Dave Parker
- Anatomy of a Scene / Friday the 31st – directed by Mike Mendez
- Fun Facts / pop-on video commentary for selected segments
- Photo Gallery / Behind-The-Scenes of Bad Seed
- Storyboards / Ding
About Epic Pictures
Established in 2007 by Patrick Ewald and Shaked Berenson, Epic Pictures Group has grown to become one of the most creative and dynamic independent studios, focusing on filmmakers’ vision driven projects, shaping them from script to launch via its domestic distribution division Epic Pictures Releasing. Throughout the past 8 years, Epic produced many genre cult hits including “BIG ASS SPIDER!”, Darren Lynn Bousman’s “11-11-11”, Steve Miller’s “THE AGGRESSION SCALE” and more recently the 2015 Sundance premieres “ENTERTAINMENT” and “TURBO KID” and all-star horror anthology “TALES OF HALLOWEEN”. Dailydead.com included Epic Pictures in their best of 2015 list as the studio to watch. Upcoming releases include “JERUZALEM” on January 22nd and FrightFest best film winner “NINA FOREVER” on February 12th.
Epic Pictures Group seeks out relationships with exceptional producers and talent in order to secure A-level, high-quality projects. Epic Pictures Group actively develops a full range of new relationships and strategic alliances with financiers, independent production companies, producers and studios both domestically and in Europe and Asia.