Every so often we ask you, the readers, what you’d like to see more of here at HorrorSociety.com. The majority of comments left on our Facebook page show that a lot of you would like to see original short stories features on our website. Well, after a lot of brainstorming head honcho Mitchell Wells and myself will go one step further.
Do you write short horror themed stories? For the first time ever, HorrorSociety.com is announcing a call for entries. The best stories will be collected and published in a new anthology book titled Horror Society Stories Volume One. This is our chance to give back to our readers, if you will; publish our fellow writers and provide our readers with quality literature. Also, submissions that don’t make the final cut will be posted periodically on the site as a special treat for those who don’t have the money to drop on the book.
– All stories sent in must be original. Winning authors will be required to sign a contract stating that the submitted work is original and competely there-own. We don’t care if the story has been published in the past, we just want to make sure it’s yours.
– All stories must be between 3,000 and 10,000 words long.
– All stories must be properly formatted. There isn’t a particular style in mind, just don’t use any crazy spacing, font size, or font style.
– When sending your story in, HORROR SOCIETY STORIES VOLUME ONE needs to be in the subject line.
– When sending your story in, please include your full name, address, and a little about yourself.
– Authors may send in multiple stories, although only one story per author will be used if selected to be in volume one.
– Finally, please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU WIN:
– Selected authors will be published in Horror Society Stories Volume One, which will become available through Amazon, Kindle, and Createspace.
– Selected authors will receive an automatic prize amount of $25.00.
– Selected authors will receive heavy promotion both on our main website HorrorSociety.com, our Facebook and Twitter pages, and all future press releases.
– Selected authors will receive five free copies of the anthology book to use however they want.
– Incase the book becomes a big seller, selected authors will receive a 10% royalty check. *This will come into play if the book sells 750 or more copies.
*Terms and conditions may be subject to change at a later date. Authors who have already submitted will be made away of such changes.
**UPDATE 8/13/13: Due to the popularity of this project, I’ve opened the word count to all lengths over 2,000. As long as your story is over 2,000 you are able to submit; but remember these are short story submissions – don’t send in small novels! Look forward to reading more soon!